Friday, February 22, 2013

Retrospective Tourism

Once,

When visiting an exhibit in Boston
I saw myself
my position
refraction
reflection
all in lights...




My image was joined with others
Set to music and patterns.
The artist featured live subjects
and we were participatory voyeurs.

You stuck your head in a box, around a corner, over a ledge,
 and became part of the show
The line between artist and subject was melded, the threshold fluid.

I walked away impressed, attracted, and satisfied by my instigated involvement.







As I start to look over my aesthetic experiences and narrate them, looking for patterns and 'attitudes' I am marking my place - the ways that I position my 'shadow' through the lens and the manner through which I interact within and among aesthetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment